Ready To Sell Your Home?
Selling your home may be one of the most difficult or positive decisions you make in your lifetime. Choosing a listing agent that represents you and has a fiduciary responsibility to look out for your best interests is essential. Successful results stem from a successful partnership between the home owner and listing agent.
As your REALTOR®, we will determine the correct price range for your home, point out things you should do to make your home more appealing to buyers, and devise the most effective plan of action. Here are some of the steps we will take to sell your home:
- Preparing and pricing your home for sale with a custom Comparative Market Analysis in your market area.
- Design and implement a comprehensive, customized marketing campaign that exposes the property locally, nationally and internationally in print and online
- Showing your home to interested clients, receiving and reviewing offers and contracts, tracking the loan process, coordinating home inspection, scheduling an appraisal, and guiding you through the closing and keeping in constant communication.
5 Best Secrets To Get The Most Value For Your Home
- The first impression is the only impression No matter how good the interior of your home looks, buyers have already judged your home before they walk through the door. You never have a second chance to make a first impression. It’s important to make people feel warm, welcome and safe as they approach the house. Spruce up your home’s exterior with inexpensive shrubs and brightly colored flowers. You can typically get a 100-percent return on the money you put into your home’s curb appeal. If you are on a budget paint the exteiror trim on the windows to give your home a crisp look. Also use WD40 on the door hinges so it doesn’t squeak.
- Take the home out of your house One of the most important things to do when selling your house is to de-personalize it. The more personal stuff in your house, the less potential buyers can imagine themselves living there. Get rid of a third of your stuff – put it in storage. This includes family photos, memorabilia collections and personal keepsakes.
- Hire a professional home stager to maximize the full potential of your home. Staging simply means arranging your furniture to best showcase the floor plan and maximize the use of space. You can typically get 85-95% return on your investment and your home most likely sell at list or above list price.
- Don’t over-upgrade Quick fixes before selling always pay off. Large expensive makeovers, not so much. You probably won’t get your money back if you do a huge improvement project before you put your house on the market. Instead, do updates that will pay off and get you top dollar. Get a new fresh coat of paint on the walls. Clean the curtains or go buy some inexpensive new ones. Replace door handles, cabinet hardware, make sure closet doors are on track, fix leaky faucets and clean the grout.
- Pricing it right Find out what your home is worth, then shave 15-20% off the price. You’ll be stampeded by buyers with multiple bids — even in the worst markets — and they’ll bid up the price over what it’s worth. It takes real courage and most sellers just don’t want to risk it, but it’s the single best strategy to sell a home in today’s market.